Industry Advisory Councils
Labor knows the best way to grow the economy is through true partnerships.
We will establish eight Industry Advisory Councils across key sectors of the economy.
- Minerals, Energy and Advanced Manufacturing
- Innovation and Information and Communication Technologies
- Primary Industries and Forestry
- Education, Science, Research and the Antarctic
- Tourism, Hospitality, Festivals, Heritage (built and natural environment) and the Arts
- Building and Construction
- Wellbeing, Care and Community Development
- Employment, Regional Development and Trade
The first task of each Council will be the completion of an Industry Audit to guide and develop new programs for each industry.
Labor believes it is critical to have the University of Tasmania working directly with government and industry to drive positive economic outcomes for the State.
Only a Rebecca White Majority Labor Government will be about Putting People First.