Putting Tasmanian jobs first.
Labor understands the need to support more full time, rewarding, secure jobs. Only Labor has a plan for better jobs in Tasmania.
- Better training.
- Better skills.
- Better jobs.
Labor understands the need to support more full time, rewarding, secure jobs.
Too many Tasmanians are unemployed, underemployed or have given up looking for work.
Only Labor has a strategic, long term plan for better jobs in Tasmania.
Labor will fix Tasmania’s broken skills and training system by restoring confidence in TasTAFE and do more to support apprentices and trainees. We’ll simplifying the bureaucracy and Labor will re-build the relationship with the Australian Government and Infrastructure Australia.
- Minerals, Energy and Advanced Manufacturing
- Innovation and Information and Communication Technologies
- Primary Industries and Forestry
- Education, Science, Research and the Antarctic
- Tourism, Hospitality, Festivals, Heritage (built and natural environment) and the Arts
- Building and Construction
- Wellbeing, Care and Community Development
- Employment, Regional Development and Trade
Labor will work with business, industry and unions to create new, secure and meaningful jobs.
Only Labor will fund a new Regional Development Unit to facilitate job opportunities across the state and we’ll support Australian disability enterprises to help buy a better Tasmania.